Friday, May 7, 2010

frazzled part 2

One of the benefits of being kind of frazzled (flaky) is that sometimes I'll forget things and when I remember it's a pleasant surprise.  Like this recent gchat conversation I had with my sister Lizzy.

Lizzy:  What are you doing tonight?

me: Hanging out with Legolas.  I'm not sure what we're doing yet, though.

Lizzy:  Oh, you haven't hung out with him for a while.

me: I know.  It should be fun.  Tomorrow he's leaving for a cruise with his family.  He travels a lot, you know.

Lizzy:  That sounds fun for him.

me:  Yeah.  But I'm kind of bummed because I'm not sure what I'll do next weekend.  The Werewolf has to study pretty much non-stop from now until he takes his boards, so I hardly ever get to see him at all.  

me: :(
me: So, who am I going to hang out with next weekend?

Lizzy: :(

Lizzy: ......................
Lizzy:  Wait. Aren't you going to Hawaii next weekend?

me: Oh yeah.  Problem solved.  




Note:  I know that there really are any number of people I can hang out with on any given weekend.  I just spend most of my time with the Werewolf and Legolas.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, see, you *need* a vacation. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sitting here jealous that I'm NOT going to Hawaii....I know I'm not supposed to covet, but it's too hard not to...

    ReplyDelete