Tuesday, December 21, 2010

welcome to neeleyville*

A while ago when I was home, I came across this little gem in our china cabinet:

(Sorry about the glare)

Then a few months later I found this at my aunt's house:


And just a few days ago when I went home, I spotted this beauty:



Perhaps this will give you a little insight into the wonderful world of the Neeley family and perhaps explain some things.

Merry Headless Joseph Christmas and God Bless Us, Everyone, No Matter What Upper Body Parts We May Be Missing!

*According to my family history, there really used to be a place in Idaho called Neeleyville, but according to Widipedia, I can't find anything else about it out.  But you know you've made it Big when you have a town named after you in Idaho.

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo funny! I think Neeleyville sounds fabulous, I can only imagine the number of games available to play there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeleyville, Idaho, is now Neeley, Idaho, just a few miles southwest of American Falls. It was first settled by William Neeley, my great-grandfather. Here's an excerpt from an old Deseret News article: "William Neeley, who had formerly presided in Bear River City, Utah, founded the town of Neeleyville in April, 1881. In the fall of the same year, three other families of Latter-day Saints located in the same neighborhood. William Neeley took charge of the settlement, ecclesiastically, at the beginning. In 1883, the saints on Warm Creek were organized as a ward named Neeleyville in honor of William Neeley, who was chosen Bishop. Previous to that, the place had been known as Warm Creek." William lived there until his death in 1913. He was buried in Brigham City, UT, which he also helped settle.

    ReplyDelete