Wednesday, January 21, 2009

my borking life

My roommate was complaining about my lack of updates on my blog, so here you have some gems about my life lately: (I'm going to use her computer even.)

- Whenever I go to type "boring", for some reason I always type a "k" in the word, so it comes out "borking". (okay, not really about my life lately because I always do it, but still.)
- I had the chance to go to Florida this last weekend with the Gatsby family, but I blew it by not getting my tickets in a timely manner, so they were far too expensive when I was going to buy them. The whole weekend long, my mantra was "Why the H am I not in Florida right now?!" (plus some swearing.)
- I just switched departments at work to the Department of Taxation (from the Department of Job and Family Services). As I am a contractor, I go where they tell me to go. I finished my last project so, off I go to a new project. So far it's been pretty borking. I'm still trying to learn the ropes of a new job and I can't be online. (Time for an iPhone?) Mostly I just listen to books on my iPod.
- I got a concertina (that's a pirate accordion) for Christmas. I was talking to a guy in the ward who I'd say I only talk to maybe once a week. (We're not close, is what I'm saying.) I was in our weekly conversation with the Kid and I found out that he had also obtained a concertina over Christmas break. We are probably the only two people in America who both brought a concertina back with then to their port of origin after Christmas.
- I started reading "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss, as recommended to me by Bryce. Monday, I told him I'd started to read it and he pulled a copy out of his pocket and said "You mean this book?" (I have some odd friends. I guess he just decided to read it again.) (Incidentally, I am enjoying it so far.)

Okay, that's all I've got. I hope that's enough for you right now.

1 comment: