Tuesday, August 31, 2010

sometimes it's not better to be safe than sorry

I read a quote once that said something like, "If you wish to live a life free of pain, you must do without many things."  I think it is saying, in effect, that you have to take risks sometimes, even if you might end up getting hurt in the end.  If you don't ever want to get hurt then you'll live life in a way that keeps you safe, but is boring and doesn't bring you to your full potential.

That's a pretty weighty introduction to the real point of this post, which is that I made the switch to the new iPhone.

My old phone was making me crazy.  It didn't ring half the time.  It sent text messages hours later.  Plus, my contract with T-Mobile was up.  And I'd dropped my iTouch enough times that it was starting to have troubles of its own.  So I just decided to combine the phone and iPod and get the new iPhone.  Yes, I know that some people have antenna problems.  Yes, it is a little bit more expensive than my old phone.  But these are risks that sometimes just have to be taken.  (Yeah, I realized that I'm comparing my iPhone to life.)  And maybe it will end up that this switch will break my heart and make me frustrated and angry.  But sometimes you just have to take a risk in order to end up with a really rocking phone.  Plus, it feeds my crazy need to always check my email and find out answers to questions right now.

So, don't be afraid to take risks my friend.  Sometimes you end up getting burned and sometimes you end up happier than you thought you'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment