Thursday, November 6, 2008

hey kid, want some candy?

Last night my friend Gatsby's little sister, MK, called me. She is a high school senior and is taking a photography class. She needed to take some action shots, so she asked if she could take some pictures of me running. (Coming from her it was not creepy. Had Gatsby asked, I would have said no.) So, around 8 we headed off to Fred Beekman Park for the photo shoot. It was pretty fun, actually. She took some shots of me with some special trickery that made me look like a ghost. (Or maybe I really am a ghost - maybe her camera takes pictures of dead people.)

At one point in the evening there was a slow, sketchy van that stopped a short distance from us. It made us a little nervous as there is a serial rapist in Columbus right now and Gatsby refused to come with us to protect us. (True, he may have had a legitimate excuse and the park is really well lighted and populated, but still.) It slowly pulled up to us and just as I was about to shout, "RUN!" we saw the inhabitants and it was just a couple of old ladies. They were being polite and were waiting to drive by so as not to be in our picture. Still, if they would have asked us if we wanted to see their gingerbread house, I would have said no.

Afterward, we stopped by a hip little smoothie shop for "pochies". They are a special kind of Asian smoothie, I guess. MK recommended getting "bubbles" in mine. She said it was just tapioca, which I don't like, but I figured it might be okay with a boatload of pineapple. (Everything with pineapple is good right?) But this wasn't your normal tapioca. This was tapioca on steroids. The little black things in there were the size of peas! The first time I sucked one up my abnormally large straw I almost lost it. After that, I just spit them out. (Try to imagine black, sqishy peas flying out of MK's white VW Beetle at 65 mph.)

2 comments:

  1. Damn! I wanted to hear that you were kidnapped. Oh well, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete