Monday, December 22, 2008

holiday books adendum

Well, I realized that I need to update my list a bit.

Books I forgot about that I'm adding to the list:
- Random Harvest by James Hilton (recommended by Rachel)
- Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (recommended by Sarah and Robbie)
- An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina (recommended by Derek)

Updates to my previous list:
- The "teenagers dying of cancer" book recommeded by Carrie is Six Months to Live by Lurlene McDaniel. (I'm already shuddering)
-The George MacDonald I decided on is The George MacDonald Treasury containing 7 short stories.
- Selected Works by Cicero

So, for those of you keeping track, that is a total of 16 books to finish by the arbitrary deadline I've set at January 10th. I've already finished 6 from the original list, and I am a pretty fast reader, so hopefully this will be feasable. In any case, I'm only reading 1 book per person until it looks like I'm going to be able to finish them all. (This would eliminate 3 books.) That's fair right? Right. (Good thing I remembered Derek recommended another book, so I may not be reading any Cicero after all - happy, Rebecca?)

Random fact: Due to my obsessiveness, I've figured out that if I do in fact read every book on my list it will be a total of 5429 pages. (I've finished 1919 so far.)

1 comment:

  1. Quite happy. Let me know how you like Fablehaven. A friend of mine liked it, especially after I told him that Brandon Mull was in Divine Comedy.

    ReplyDelete