Thursday, June 25, 2009

one more thing...

One more thing about the Nauvoo trip. I forgot to say that Lady MacBeth saved my life. It seems very ungrateful of me to have not mentioned this.

We had stopped at an exit for dinner and we were waiting around for the [insert appropriate adjective here] people who decided to go to Denny's on our 45 minute stop. We were standing near the bus on a curb by some grass and other plants. We were, no doubt, discussing what we would like to do to those Denny's goers who were holding us up.

Suddenly, Lady MacBeth's eyes got really big and she said, "A bug just crawled down your jacket. Take it off! Take it off!"

I was wearing a hoodie and before I put it on, I took my other shirt off, so I was just wearing a shade undershirt underneath it and really didn't want to take off my hoodie. So I panicked.

"I can't!" I exclaimed.

In a flash, Lady MacBeth, at great peril to her own life, reached into the folds of the hood and pulled out the bug and threw it on the ground. In the process, she scraped her ankle on the curb to the extent that it started bleeding. That is a true friend.

2 comments:

  1. That is a TRUE friend. I would have totally done the same thing . . . I think . . . probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my honor to save you from what would have been death from the bite of the 2 foot long (at least) bug with razor sharp teeth and poisonous venom. I think it is related to the basement monster.

    ReplyDelete