Thursday, July 16, 2009

a modest proposal

I have come up with a new Plan. Have you ever noticed how men my age seem to like younger girls, in terms of dating. Young, pretty girls. When men find out how old I am (almost 24!) they just see a haggard old maid. I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I mean, I was 19 once and I blew my chances! I know people say that 30 is the new 20, but I'm tired of waiting around.

So I've decided to become a second wife. I think it's a good plan. I can marry someone who's already "been there, done that" and can show me the ropes of marriage. Plus, I'm aiming for someone in their 30s, so hopefully he's already established in a career and hopefully debt free. There could be a couple of kids around, but since he has either been grieving the loss of his dead wife or has felt bitter about his divorce, I bet the youngest one would be at least three. (So the plan is Raskolnikov approved - no babies.) (Since I'm always trying to follow Raskolnikov approved plans.) I think I'd be a good step-mom. I will be firm, but kind.

A few of you marrieds have already graciously offered your husbands upon your demise, which I think is very kind of you. If anyone else knows of any thirty-something widowers, be sure to point them in my direction.

1 comment:

  1. W asked me point blank if I was one of the people who made you such an offer. Now I'm curious as to who else has made you such an offer, though. Maybe you'll get a few to choose from, and W will be off the hook. Whew.

    ReplyDelete