Tuesday, August 4, 2009

that's the second most exciting video game related news i've ever heard

Last night I decided to download Dr. Mario onto my Wii. Legolas has an old nintendo with that game and sometimes we play - Legolas, Lady MacBeth, Lord Goring and me. I tend to get beaten by everyone and being the competitive person I am, I don't like it. So, I got the game so I can practice. It probably won't work because I usually don't think to play video games when I'm bored, but at the very least, now we have the game at my house so Legolas doesn't have to haul it over if we want to play.

Anyway, while I was poking around WiiWare, I noticed that a game called "The Tales of Monkey Island" was also for sale. If you're like me (and who isn't?) you probably played a Monkey Island game or two growing up. We played a lot of computer games as kids, which is how I learned to be so good at solving puzzles and also looking up hints online.

At first I thought it was just the original Monkey Island released to play on the Wii because it was recently released for play on the iPod touch. But then I put my amazing internet skills to use and I discovered it is actually a new Monkey Island game. How did I not know this? It came out last month, for crying out loud! It seems like a pretty neat thing, actually (for nerds like me) - the game is separated into five chapters and one chapter comes out each month from July to November. So, I downloaded the first chapter, despite my claim in the first paragraph of this entry that I don't play video games much. In the half hour that I played last night it seemed pretty true to the originals. I don't really care about that as much as other people might, but the original ones were pretty funny, so I hope this one will be the same.

In case you haven't ever played these games (and if so, where have you been?) the main character is a pirate. So the game appeals to both my nerd side and my pirate side. What could be better?

Ps. It's available for PC too. Monkey Island

2 comments:

  1. I only have one thing to say to this - you spelled competitive wrong. (completetive)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I am not an editor.

    (Incidentally, I ran the spell checker, which I normally don't do (obviously) and I'd also misspelled "separated" and "sometimes".)

    Spelling errors are now corrected.

    ReplyDelete