Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the joy of painting, with bob ross

As you may or may not by aware, my parents are in the process of moving to Pittsburgh.  They're retired now and don't have anything to hold them in our old home town.  My dad's mother and two brothers (and families) live there, so it seemed like a good choice. (Thank heaven they aren't one of those couples who feels the need to retire to Utah.)

Well, they sold the house I grew up in.  (Mom told me to pray and also told me to stop swearing so my prayers would be effective, but I didn't stop and the first people who looked at the house bought it. Hmmm....)  They bought a new house about five minutes' drive from grandma and the uncles.  So this weekend, the lot fell to my sister, Jane, and I to paint.  (Luckily, we also had loads of help from various aunts, uncles and cousins.)

Mom wanted us to paint the ceiling.  So we did.  About five minutes into the job, I realized that I should probably tape a section of the ceiling that I didn't want to paint.  Unfortunately, I forgot that I just painted an area of ceiling right by where I was taping and I accidentally ran my whole head across that area.  Brilliant, I know.  The result was this:




Yeah, Cruella DeVil if I ever saw it.  The pictures don't really do justice to how much paint was in my hair. Everyone was joking all day long that I'd turned into an old lady.  That night I washed my hair three times and then spent about half an hour just picking paint out of my hair.  Then my mom spent about half an hour picking paint out of my hair.  And today (five days later) I'm still finding little flecks of white in my hair that need picking out.  Oh dear.

In other painting news, I just want to post this picture of my friend Josh. He always has the best Halloween costumes.  I heart you, you bloody bastard, and I always will.


1 comment:

  1. I really hate how much you hate Utah, and therefore I don't feel bad that you got loads of paint in your hair.

    ReplyDelete