Tuesday, March 24, 2009

feeding the addiction

I am addicted to news radio. (Not the tv show. They are playing the news on the radio now. I am not even making this up!) It has gotten to the point where I am annoyed when the local classical music station plays classical music instead of NPR. This is ridiculous, of course, as the reason I programmed that station into my car in the first place was for the classical music.

Luckily, I have a way to feed my news addiction: my iPod touch. This is a brilliant piece of technology. I have had it for a mere three months, and I already wonder what I did without it. In terms of news radio, we of course have podcasts. In older generations of iPods, you had to download podcasts to your iTunes and then sync with your iPod. But the iPod touch has WiFi, so I can skip the middleman and go straight for the content. I just download news right to my iPod and listen to it at my leisure. (My leisure is usually right away, but sometimes it is casually over the course of a day or two.) And then when I've listened, I can just delete it right off - no need to sync with iTunes ever. It's the perfect system, as long as I have access to WiFi. (I have it in my house, so I'm usually set.)

1 comment: