Tuesday, March 31, 2009

jim gaffigan, etc.

My friend Raskolnikov invited me and several others over to his place on Sunday night to watch the premiere of Jim Gaffigan's "King Baby" on Comedy Central. I'm not much of a follower of stand up comedians, so I didn't really know who Jim Gaffigan was, but I will now say that I am a fan. He was just so funny. I was crying pretty much for the whole show I was laughing so hard. So, point being - go ahead and watch some Jim Gaffigan. He is fairly unoffensive too (fairly).

In other news, Raskolnikov is a very good playlist maker. He made me a couple of great cds a couple of weeks back. I was going to do a detailed review of all the songs, but then I realized probably no one would be interested, except maybe The Librarian, because I think you have music tastes most closely aligned to mine. But if anyone is interested, I'll let you know some of the songs I've fallen in love with. Just one thing - Blur. Where did that band come from? Why haven't I been listening to them all my life? It's a mystery.

In more other news, I was talking to my friend Anne of Green Gables tonight for the first time in a long time. It was delightful to talk to her. We were discussing how from now on when we ask for status reports on people, we are going to include pregnancy status. Especially on our single friends. (Anne of Green Gables: not pregnant.)
Stacey : not pregnant
Mrs. Weasely : pregnant
The Librarian : it could go either way at any time.

2 comments:

  1. It might be worth noting for the record that Mrs. Weasley is, in fact, not single, but married and most officially so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really...you had never heard of Blur? I'm sorry I failed you (and your playlists).

    ReplyDelete