Friday, May 8, 2009

last day

Today was my last day with my job at the Department of Taxation. Even though I'm really happy to be starting something new and to be off this project, it's still always just a little bit sad to leave the people you've become friends with. So I said my good-byes along with the false promises of keeping in touch that everyone knows we won't keep and I headed out the door.

Here is a list of things I won't miss:
- The horrible horrible project with it's insane deadlines and mismanagement.
- Working on stuff I really didn't understand at all.
- Construction on the way home, adding 20 minutes to my commute time.
- The pettiness of some of the people.
- Being leered at by creepy old men.

Here is a list of the things I will miss:
- India club: Seriously, I think that people from India are some of the nicest in the world. And for some reason, this project had a lot of Indians that were awfully nice to me. For some reason, they all seemed to know my name - even the ones I didn't work directly with.
- Free parking.
- My cube with easy access to sneaking out without anyone noticing.
- The people that weren't petty and backbiting.

On Monday I will start my new gig with the Department of Legislative Information Systems. The next adventure.

Hopefully there will be some Indians working there.

4 comments:

  1. Okay - I haven't heard that expression until this week, and now I seem to be hearing it all the time! And yes, it's totally not PC. (you whore!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still didn't answer my question. Whore or not, I deserve an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sorry. I thought you were smart enough to figure it out from the context clues I gave you, but I guess I was wrong, so I will spell it out for you.

    Early in the post I talked about people from India, referring to them as Indians. No where in the post did I mention Native Americans. Therefore, I thought with all the reading you claim to have done, you could figure out that I was hoping that the people I will work with will be from India.

    From now on I will be more careful in my wording.

    ReplyDelete