Thursday, May 14, 2009

yes, yes i would

I was doing research online today at work. (Really doing research, not "research online".) I was looking up some stuff on AJAX, which is a pretty neat technology. (I can't really call it "new" since it's been around for five or so years.) Anyway, a lot of technology websites, especially if they are not Microsoft or Oracle or IBM or big companies like that, sell ads so they can offer advice and tips for free. Usually I don't pay much attention to the ads because they are for technology books or software packages - things like that. As I was reading up on this stuff, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked again and it was an ad for a free copy of the Book of Mormon. I have never seen that before. It was neat. It was ligit too - I clicked the ad and it took me to the official church web site for requesting copies of the Book of Mormon. I thought about requesting one, but I actually already have a few. (Actually, I felt kind of bad that the ad was wasted on me. ) And, well, that's the end of the story. Then I found $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment