Tuesday, October 6, 2009

diet pineapple coke morning

Last night I did something I haven't done in quite a while - I stayed up super late to finish a book.  True, I only read four hours last night, but I didn't start until midnight. (Why did I start reading a book about six hours after I wanted to go to bed? It's a mystery. I'm not qualified to make good decisions after 10:00 pm.)  I kept telling myself I would read just one more chapter; just one more.  By the time it was three in the morning, I knew I was going to finish, so I stopped fighting it.  When I did finish, I was wide awake wondering how I was going to get just a bit of sleep for work today when all of a sudden my alarm was going off and it was two hours later.  I must have problems distinguishing between tired and not tired.

It was a good book and very engaging - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - but nothing life changing by any means.  (Spoiler alert: It did make my cry in the middle.  I give Lady MacBeth a hard time for crying at movies, but nothing makes me cry like books do.)  And now I'm left to sip caffeine all day and wait for the chance to take a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment