Monday, October 12, 2009

weekend update with seth meyers

(Okay, I lied, Seth Meyer wasn't really part of my weekend.  But my weekend would have been a lot more funny if he had been there.)

I went to Utah this weekend.  I know, I know, you're mad at me because I didn't see you. I'm sorry!  I tried to keep it on the dl because I knew I wouldn't have time to see a lot of people.  So, try to forgive me.  I'll see you the next time I'm in town, I'm sure.

The main reason I went to Utah was for Kacey and Joe's wedding.  (Every time you think "Kacey and Joe" do you think "K-C and Jojo"? Me too.)  It was a lovely wedding.  I ran into my friend Lisa's husband, randomly.  He was waiting for another wedding party to come out of the temple. Sadly, Lisa wasn't there, but I guess you take what you can get.  It was nice seeing old friends from the ward both at the wedding and at the reception.  Especially Sleakbean and Anne of Green Gables (and Gilbert) since it was Anne's birthday and I just like those two.

The rest of the short weekend was spent with my sister Lizzy.  We spent some time with the aunts and cousins and the lot, playing pinochle and having a grand old time.  And I have a new show for you to watch, along the lines of "Jane Eyre" and "Sense and Sensibility" : "North and South".  Lizzy really likes this one, and I enjoyed it too.  (It's the BBC production based on the book by Elizabeth Glaskell, not the one about the Civil War.) Mr. Thorton was another angry, brooding, moody, dark hero and I found him delightful.  Why do I like angry men so much? It's a mystery.  (I hope my liking Mr. Thorton doesn't make me like Sir Guy of Gisborne from the new BBC Robin Hood that I've been enjoying, thanks to you, Melissa.)  I need to read the book.

In other news - I got a new calling while I was away this weekend.  It is probably one of my least favorite callings: activities committee co-chair.  (True, I've never been the co-chair before, just on the committee, but I imagine co-chair is worse than just committee member.)  I guess despite my hopes, no one voted against me and I'm due to start right away.  *sigh*  The funny thing is that Legolas is the other co-chair, as if I don't see him enough.  But at least he's someone who I probably won't strangle.  Probably.

And that was my weekend.  Is it a good idea to stay up so late updating my blog? Probably not.  But I'm not working tomorrow (well, I guess it's today now) because I work for a state agency and tomorrow is a state holiday (Columbus day) hence the office is closed.  Hopefully I'll spend my day running and getting my hair back to red again.  I know some of you said you liked it, but I really don't like the blond.  And that's all I've got tonight.  Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. No no no no. Sir Guy=biggest weasel ever. He even looks weaselly in this picture. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to watch "North and South" now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you not seen North and South yet? Oh my, it is perhaps my favorite BBC production. I'm sorry I never recommended it. I believe I cried at the end the first time I watched it, but that probably doesn't surprise you. It's a funny story, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE North and South!! I watched it 2 years prior to seeing Sir Guy of Gisborne so I don't know how I'd feel if I'd seen Robin Hood first. I don't know if you'd be interested but Bleak House is a BBC production that I also think is good. My husband loves BBC productions so I've seen a lot now. Oh yeah, and Martin Chuzzelwit is also quite good (in my opinion) but I am always scared to give recommendations.
    Hmm . . so I've noticed everyone in your post had a nickname (unless someone really named their kid Anne of Green Gables.) I however, was only mentioned as Melissa. I can't decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, why has everyone been holding out on me?

    so far i've liked all your recommendations, so keep them coming!
    i will give you a nickname the next time i talk about you. ;)

    ReplyDelete